In a classic Peanuts cartoon, Charlie Brown complains to Linus that every day his lunch is the same. When Linus asks Charlie Brown who makes his lunch, Charlie Brown says, “I do.”
Charlie Brown’s complaint seems really silly after hearing his answer to “Who makes your lunch?”
He’s the one who gets the ingredients, puts them together, and puts them in the lunch bag. Yet he’s unhappy with the results.
Results that he has total control over.
What could he do differently?
He could pack a different lunch. He could go out to eat. He could even ask to swap his lunch with a friend.
Any of those things would change his lunch but he chooses to complain about it.
Are you like Charlie Brown?
- complain about situations that you could change?
- do the same things over and over again and expect different results?
- go with the flow and expect the situation to get better?
If you do, you’re a lot like Charlie Brown. But the great thing is you’re the one “packing your lunch.”
That means you can change what you’re having and experiencing!
- Are you stuck at a job that you hate? Change it!Start researching your options. Make a list of companies you would like to work for. Create a new and improved resume. Begin your job search!
- Are you tired of being alone? Change it!Look for groups you could join. Is there a local book club, sports team, or social club you could join?
Well, go do it. Find a group of individuals that can keep you company.
- Are you frustrated with the results of your team? Change it up!You may have to get rid of a few players. Roles may need to be switched around. Or you might need to lay down new ground rules.
If you’re the leader of it, lead it in a new and better direction!
Many issues in our lives will be ones that we have created. Yet we will sit around and complain about them.
Today, let’s make the change. Decide that you’re not going to complain about the lunch you packed. Commit to making the changes that you are able to.
Start packing a new lunch.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
— Albert Einstein
Question: What do you do when you find yourself complaining about a situation that you created? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- 5 Surefire Ways To Identify And Grow Potential Leaders - May 25, 2022
- Quotes And Leadership Lessons From Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers - May 23, 2022
- What Do You Want To Do? - May 20, 2022