In his previous strength assessment tools, StrengthsFinder and StrengthsFinder 2.0 (based on the original StrengthsFinder test), you were given a broad picture of your strengths. It helped to define your style by giving you your top five strengths. However, the results were very broad and could be overwhelming.
The StandOut assessment defines 9 Strength Roles and reveals your top 2 Strength Roles. The results are narrowed and gives you a more accurate and focused assessment of your strengths. With these results, you can pinpoint and take action on your strongest areas of strength.
I was able to get a copy of the book and an access code to the strengths assessment from Michael Hyatt.
Having never taken an assessment like StrengthsFinders, I was excited to complete it and see my results. The assessment was pleasant to take.
The questions appeared in text and were read by Marcus. Once he finished reading the question, a list of 4 answers appeared. At this point, I had 35 seconds to choose the answer I felt best described what I would do. During the questions I never felt rushed and had ample time to answer.
After you complete the questionnaire, StandOut gives you your 2 top Strengths Roles. StandOut gives you a report full of information.
- Top Strength. StandOut defines your strength, when you are most powerful, how to describe yourself, how to make an immediate impact, how to take your performance to the next level, and what to watch out for.
- Second Strength. This section contains the same information as the first but for your second strength.
- Combine Your Top 2 Roles. I found this to be the most fascinating section. You are given information on how your 2 top strengths give you Your Advantage and Your Ideal Career Choices.
- Your Complete Role Ranking. You are able to view your strengths from Strongest to Weakest. This section surprised me. I expected my other areas of strength to be in a different order.
Overall, I feel this assessment provided an accurate depiction of my strengths. I let my wife view my results and she agreed with them.
I am sure you have been wondering what my 2 top strengths are. And I would like to share them with you.
Here are my 2 Top Strengths:
Pioneer – I am optimistic when it comes to uncertainty and feel that good things are around the corner.
Stimulator – I engage people’s emotions and help turn them around.
As a special treat for my readers, I will be giving away two unique access codes to get your own StandOut assessment for two readers. The winners will be picked by a random drawing on January 24th, 2012.
To be eligible, you must answer the question below and Tweet about this post using the hashtag #jmlalonde or share this post on your Facebook.
Question: How would knowing your top 2 strengths benefit you? Please share your answer in the comment section below.
If you found this post helpful, please share it with someone you feel would benefit.
- 5 Surefire Ways To Identify And Grow Potential Leaders - May 25, 2022
- Quotes And Leadership Lessons From Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers - May 23, 2022
- What Do You Want To Do? - May 20, 2022