Yup, you heard me right. Things Are Changing, Changing, Changing…
On this blog. In your world. Everywhere around you.
Change is constantly happening. You cannot stop change. You can only try to hold off change for so long before it overcomes you.
That’s okay. You and I need to learn how to be okay with a constantly changing world. If we’re not, we will get left behind and we soon won’t recognize the world we’re in.
Even with embracing change, you may not recognize the world. Change happens and it happens fast.
Things Are Changing, Changing, Changing
Things are changing. We know that. We have to live with this truth. But what is changing?
In the broadest sense, everything is changing. Your
- Business is changing. New customers are coming. Old customers are leaving. What you do in business has been tweaked. How you do business is different. Your business is changing.
- Family is changing. Your wife is growing older. So are you. The kids are getting ready to head back to school or move away. Or maybe you’re getting ready to welcome your first child. Your family is changing.
- Technology is changing. It is hard to imagine a time without a smartphone. Apple and Blackberry were the first two technology disruptors in this arena. Apple released its first iPhone in 2007! Yes, you read that right!?!? Then Android phones released. Now they’re everywhere. Technology is rapidly changing.
- Belief system is changing. This sounds scary but it shouldn’t be. We’re taking in new information about what we believe and what we don’t. We’re constantly growing in our faith. This growth is a form of change. Your belief system is changing.
- Friends are changing. Looking back over the years, I see many friendships I no longer have. I also see many new friendships I didn’t have 10 or 15 years ago. More so, looking at my friends, they’ve changed over the years. They’re not the same. Your friends are changing.
- Self is changing. More than anything, you are changing. This may be the hardest change to accept. Your body doesn’t have the same metabolism you did when you were 17 (I know, I run more than ever but stay the same weight). Relationships, beliefs, everything about you is changing. Yourself is changing.
Don’t look at change as a negative. Change is part of the world we live in. We have to be able to roll with the changes that are happening to us.
Be willing to look at change and tell it you’re okay with it. Tell change it is your friend. Welcome change into your life.
Question: What changes have you seen in your life? Share those in the comment section below.
- The Importance Of Authenticity In Leadership - March 29, 2023
- Quotes And Leadership Lessons From John Wick: Chapter 4 - March 27, 2023
- 6 Ways To Develop A Feedback Culture In The Workplace - March 24, 2023
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.