Woot! Woot! It’s party time. Or is it? Is there ever a time for a leader to let down his guard and have fun with his team?
My answer is a resounding yes. Leaders can (and should) have fun.
There’s multiple reasons why leaders should have fun. Some of the reasons are:
- Having fun as a leader helps you connect with your team. Team members can struggle to feel connected to a leader who doesn’t show a fun side. They will see them as unapproachable and uptight. Break this idea and have some fun.
- Having fun as a leader helps relieve your stress: Leading is stressful. There are deadlines, people to manage, and people to let go. This is draining on a leader. But, by stepping out of the seriousness bubble, a leader can recover from the trials of leadership.
- Having fun as a leader helps you lead better: Say what?!? Having fun helps you to lead better? Yes, yes it does. Dan Schawbel interviewed Ron Culberson for Forbes and he shares why having fun and being funny helps you to be successful.
- Having fun as a leader helps you and your team become happier: Have you ever wanted to be upset with your wife but she did something funny? What happens? Often times, you can no longer hold that frowny face you had. Instead, you chuckle. You smile. You get over being mad. Infusing humor into your leadership can help you and your team get through organizational difficulties in much the same way.
Question: What other reasons are there to have fun as a leader? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Latest posts by Joseph Lalonde (see all)
- 5 Leadership Books To Read In April 2023 - March 31, 2023
- Why Is Pricing Research Important In Business? - March 30, 2023
- The Importance Of Authenticity In Leadership - March 29, 2023
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.