Have you wandered through life wondering what your purpose really was? Do you know who you truly are?
I know a lot of us grow through periods of time when we are completely lost. We don’t know what to do or where to turn.
That’s why I smiled as I read through Jason Pockrandt’s new book, The Confident Father’s Guidebook: 5 Steps To Personal Transformation.
His story mirrors mine closely. Working jobs I didn’t enjoy and not knowing where, or how, to get to where I wanted to be.
His words rang true.
Not only that, Jason’s words were inspiring. They renewed my hope in better things.
1. I don’t live to work. Today I Live To Give.
Jason found a passion he didn’t know he had. He discovered he was created to give.
Give his life. Give his time. Give hope.
2. My father could have been a great comedian but he didn’t believe that was possible for him. So he made a conservative choice and got a safe job as an accountant and when I was 12 years old he was let go from that safe job and our family had to do whatever it took to survive. I learned many great lessons from my father. Not the least of which is that you can fail at what you don’t want so might as well take a chance on doing what you love.
These words weren’t Jason’s but they’re inspiring and they’re in the book. These words are a quote from the actor Jim Carrey. You know the guy… He played in Dumb and Dumber, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, and Batman Forever (Okay, maybe we can forget that last one).
How many of us live lives of desperation because we don’t believe we can live a greater story? A lot of us.
Be like Jim. Break free from the negative mindset and realize you can become so much more.
3. I want you to choose your perspective from this moment forward. I want you to choose to become who you were created to be. I want you to choose to live a legacy worth leaving
We believe we don’t have the power to choose where our lives will go. Honestly, I believe that to a point. God has a plan for us and He’ll get us to that point eventually.
However, I don’t believe this is what Jason meant. Rather, we are meant to choose the pathway to God’s plan for us. It’s a rough and tumble road but we have a choice on how we get there and where we end up.
4. Happiness is not a destination, it is a choice. It is a place you can forever be in at any moment of time if you are only to choose your perspective.
I absolutely loved this quote from the book.
I’ve found myself in a place of unhappiness and looking back, I see it was a choice. I made a choice to be unhappy.
This means I can make a choice to BE HAPPY as well. Choose happiness.
5. STUCK IS AN ILLUSION, NOT A REALITY. STUCK IS A PERSPECTIVE, NOT A PLACE. STUCK IS A CHOICE, NOT A DESTINATION.
I’ve felt stuck in a dead-end job before and I hated it. The truth of the matter was that I had a choice.
The choice to stay in a job I hated. The choice to venture out on my own. The choice to step up and make a change.
Stuck is all in your mind.
6. I made the best choice that I could have with the information, knowledge, and experience that I held within at the time of my choice.
This quote is so freeing. We get down on ourselves for the choices we make. Whether it’s a bad parenting decision or a poor leadership decision, we feel we failed when we didn’t make the right choice.
However, we did make the best choice we could with the information and knowledge we had on-hand. Realize this.
Review the information at hand, make the choice, and then move on.
7. I AM. I WILL. I HAVE. I DO
You probably won’t understand this quote without having the book in hand so I’ll fill you in a little.
We use words like should, could, and would to prevent us from taking action. We use them as a buffer to becoming something more.
Jason encourages us to use I am, I will, I have, I do instead of would, should, and could.
These words are empowering. These words move us forward. These words change our lives.
The Confident Father’s Guidebook: 5 Steps To Personal Transformation launches this week. And it’s a book that could change your life.
As it’s launching this week, Jason Pockrandt wants to give you a bonus when you purchase his book. With your purchase, you will get the following bonuses:
– Free 5 steps Action Audio (Over an hour of life changing material)
– Free Action Packed PDF titled 25 Life Lessons I learned through my Transformation
– Free 5 Steps Confidence Mindset Call including Q & A with me where I will deliver Coaching on.
– The 4 most powerful statements to achieve anything you desire in life
– The power stance you can use to gain more confidence in 2 minutes a day
– The 3-step process to eradicate the negative voices in your head within minutes
– The 4 words that are crushing your dreams of success and how to overcome them
Don’t miss out on this great book. Pick up your copy of The Confident Father’s Guidebook: 5 Steps To Personal Transformation today.