Leading is never an easy proposition. Add being young to leadership and you can easily feel overwhelmed.
Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed, I know I can turn to the word of God for a bit of encouragement. The good book is full of encouragement for young leaders (and people in general).
If you’re not a believer, I strongly believe you can still find the words of the Bible encouraging.
Let’s take a look at the 20 verses I believe can encourage young leaders.
The following scripture verses will help encourage you. They’ll also challenge you to lead well. I hope you find them as encouraging and uplifting as I do.
1. Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. – 1 Timothy 4:12
2. So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. – Matthew 7:12
3. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
4. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. – Psalm 37:5
5. Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. – 1 Timothy 5:17
6. It is not so among you, but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant. – Matthew 20:26
7. And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary. – Galatians 6:9
8. Suddenly a prophet approached Ahab king of Israel, saying, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Have you seen all this great multitude? Behold, I will deliver it into your hand today, and you shall know that I am the Lord.’” So Ahab said, “By whom?” And he said, “Thus says the Lord: ‘By the young leaders of the provinces.’” (Emphasis mine) Then he said, “Who will set the battle in order?” And he answered, “You.” Then he mustered the young leaders of the provinces, and there were two hundred and thirty-two; and after them he mustered all the people, all the children of Israel—seven thousand. – 1 Kings 20:13-15
9. When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, But when a wicked man rules, people groan. – Proverbs 29:2
10. Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory. – Proverbs 11:14 (Share this)
11. If a king judges the poor with truth, His throne will be established forever. – Proverbs 29:14
12. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. – Philippians 2:3
13. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. – 1 Peter 5:7
14. A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.- Proverbs 16:9
15. For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. – Mark 10:45
16. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. – Matthew 6:21 (Share this verse)
17. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. – Hebrews 10:24
18. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. – Proverbs 18:21
19. Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. – Matthew 5:37 (Click to share)
20. Likewise you younger people, submit yourselves to your elders. Yes, all of you be submissive to one another, and be clothed with humility, for “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble. – 1 Peter 5:5
I hope these Bible verses bring you peace and encouragement as you read through them. Let the words of the old prophets and Bible writers sink in deep.
When you’re feeling down and out, turn back to this page and realize that while you’re young, you’re a leader and God has a plan for you. He even encourages young leaders in scriptures such as 1 Timothy 4:12.
Question: What’s one scripture that has encouraged you as a leader? Please share this encouraging Bible scripture in the comment section below.