Friends, let me tell you… The struggle is real. We all go through challenges.
Because you’ve chosen to step in, or move into, the position of a leader, you’re experiencing more struggle than the average person. Not only do you have the weight of your personal life on your shoulders, but you also have the weight of your organization’s struggles on your shoulders.
This is weighty. This is heavy. And this can tear you down.
You don’t have to let the weight of this world destroy you. There’s more to this life than work and money.
Whenever I begin to feel stressed, I try to look towards the ultimate source of inspiration: The Bible. This book of wisdom is powerful. You can harness the words written thousands of years ago to remind you of God’s promises to and for you.
Below, you will find 10 Bible verses for struggling leaders. These Bible verses will encourage and uplift you. They will remind you to keep going.
10 Bible Verses For Struggling Leaders
1. Psalm 46:1 – God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Leaders face trouble every day. These troubles can break us down and make us question whether or not we want to continue to face them.
Here, we’re reminded God is a refuge and strength. He is there when we are in trouble.
Be encouraged that God is with you today, tomorrow, and always.
2. Psalm 27:1 – The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid.
Things may not be going well at the office for you. You may feel like everyone is out to get you. This feeling may even be true.
The good news is you don’t have to fear. You don’t have to be afraid.
There’s a God who is fighting for you. He is standing beside you. He is the stronghold you can run into when life is crazy.
3. Matthew 6:34 – Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
The pressures of leading others can make us worry about the future. Your mind will race with questions that you won’t be able to answer until the future presents itself.
Matthew 6:34 reminds us to stop worrying. Worry is not good for our hearts, mind, soul, or body.
Put aside the worry for tomorrow.
4. John 14:27 – Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
There are so many leaders out there who don’t have peace. They’ve replaced peace with worry, frustration, anger. They’re ready to pop because they’ve given away their peace.
Reclaim your peace. Know you’ve been given peace.
You don’t have to be troubled or worried. God has given you a peace that passes all understanding.
5. 1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
Do you carry anxiety with you? Are you frequently fret and worry? You can be free of this.
God has told us that He cares for us. He is willing to take the anxiety we feel, over our family life or our work or financial struggles, because that’s what our Daddy does.
He cares for you and He takes your burdens.
6. Isaiah 41:13 – For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
How cool is this verse? The Lord our God is taking hold of our right hands and walking with us through our storms.
We don’t have to be afraid because He is there with us. He is holding our hands.
Let’s learn to trust God and hold tight to his hand. He is holding onto yours already. It’s time to realize this.
7. Colossians 1:13 – He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son.
When I read this, I think how is this possible? It feels like the domain of darkness is still around us.
While there may be darkness around us, there is hope. God has taken away the darkness and moved us to a new kingdom. The kingdom of Jesus.
Know you are no longer bound by sin and darkness. You have overcome. You are no longer of this world but of a new Kingdom. This should take away some of your fear and anxiousness.
8. Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Did you know God doesn’t want harm to come to you? He wants you to have hope and a great future.
God also has plans for you. He knows where He wants your feet to go. And those plans are good. They are to prosper you.
Embrace God and His plan. Allow Him to work in your life.
9. John 1:5 – The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
You may feel like there is encroaching darkness around your life or your business. You may feel like there is no light left.
Oh, but there is. There is the light of Christ who will defeat the darkness and troubles you’re currently facing.
Know you’re not alone. Christ is walking with you. He is there and He is casting out darkness.
10. 1 Chronicles 16:11 – Seek the Lord and His strength; seek His presence continually!
Do you want to know how to stay encouraged? You need to follow this verse.
Seek the Lord. Seek his Strength. Seek his presence.
When you begin to seek Him, He will make Himself more known to you. Never stop seeking Him. The closer you get, the closer you are to overcoming your struggle.