We often hear people saying that the grass just looks greener on the other side of the fence. That our grass is just as green or greener.
But that’s not always true. Sometimes the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence.
You may be shocked that I said that.
Think about it for a minute. Let the saying really settle into your mind.
When we really think about it, I know it’s true. And I think you do too.
You’re probably asking Why? right about now.
There’s a simple reason why the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
You’re neglecting the grass on your side of the fence. It’s not being watered. It’s not being fertilized. It’s not being cared for.
While the people on the other side of the fence are watering their grass. They’re fertilizing it. They’re caring for their grass.
This, in turn, makes the grass on the other side of the fence greener.
How can you have green grass like the grass on the other side of the fence? It’s by taking the same steps as the land owner who has the green grass.
Tend to your grass. Water it. Fertilize it. Care for it.
Soon your grass will be just as green as the greener grass on the other side of the fence.
We can easily get discouraged in our lives when we see our friends and neighbors with the things that we want.
Just like with the greener grass, the great marriage, healthy body, and well behaved children take work. You have to put in the time, the energy, and the effort to see the results.
If you want a great marriage, you may have to:
- Have a weekly date night.
- Do something with your spouse that you don’t like. For men, it may be seeing a chick flick. For women, it may be going to the newest action movie.
- Compliment each other.
- Do small acts of kindness.
If you want great children, you will have to:
- Attend their school activities. Go to their play, baseball game, or band concert.
- Have a date night. Your children are longing for time with their mommy or daddy. Pick a night and take out just one child at a time. Focus on them and give them your undivided attention.
- Learn about their interests. When they know you care about what they care about, it means the world to them.
- Get to know their friends.
If you want a healthy body, you will have to:
- Learn to control your eating.
- Exercise regularly.
- Adjust your sleep schedule.
When you start applying these and other action steps into your life, the grass on your side of the fence will start to change. You’ll see weeds start to whither and die. New, beautiful flowers sprouting, and the grass becoming greener.
Yes, it does take time and energy. But it’s time and energy that is well worth it.
Your grass (life) will become much more appealing. Your neighbor’s grass will no longer be as alluring.
Take the steps today to water, fertilize, and care for your grass. The dividends you’ll reap will be more than worth it.
Question: How are you keeping your grass green? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- The 5 Best Places To Nurture Your Connections - December 2, 2022
- How To Be a Good Boss: 10 Ways To Be a Great Leader - December 1, 2022
- 5 Christmas Books Leaders Should Read In December 2022 - November 30, 2022