I’ve talked with many different leaders about the year 2020. Many of those leaders said they wanted this year to be a year of clarity.
They saw 2020 and thought of 20/20 vision. 20/20 vision is when you have perfect eyesight. It can’t get any better than that.
Then, the COVID-19 crisis hit. The idea of perfect vision during this time has gone out the window…
Or has it?!?
What Crises Bring
I love what I’m seeing coming out of the COVID-19 crisis. There are so many good things happening in and around us it blows my mind. It also makes my heart sing.
More than that, I think we’re seeing something else happen throughout this crisis.
The COVID-19 crisis is bringing better clarity. People are starting to see what truly matters. They’re finding out life doesn’t have to revolve around work.
Crises do bring clarity.
Let’s rejoice in that fact. We can see better today because of the space our recent crisis has brought us.
Gaining Clarity Through Crisis
What kind of clarity has come from the COVID-19 crisis? Quite a few different kinds.
- COVID-19 has brought clarity to the need for the ability to work remotely
- COVID-19 has brought clarity to the fact we don’t spend enough time with our families
- COVID-19 has brought clarity that it’s not that we don’t have enough time to get the things we want to get done, done
- COVID-19 has brought clarity that we’re not as active as many of us would like to be
- COVID-19 has brought clarity and showed us that relationships matter
- COVID-19 has brought clarity to many us that you can only watch so much Netflix
- COVID-19 has brought clarity that we really can do better
While COVID-19 is a nasty, nasty virus, it is also an eye-opener. We’re seeing better than we have ever been able to.
Don’t miss the opportunity this crisis has brought us to see better.