I love looking through powerful and inspiring quotes. They help me to recenter my thought-life. They also help me get the get-up-and-go that I need to when I’m down.
What about you? Do you love quotes?
Then, you’re going to love this article.
Below, you will find 20 inspirational quotes and leadership and inspiration.
20 Inspirational Quotes About Leadership And Inspiration
1. “You become what you believe.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.” – Proverbs 16:9
3. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~ Harriet Tubman
5. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – They must be felt
with the heart” – Helen Keller
6. “Be the change you wish to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
7. “I chose to follow my dreams and I did that to my full capacity. I accepted failure as a learning experience” – Steve Job
8. “Be joyful, even though you have considered all the facts. We cannot guarantee why things happen as they do, only that they relate to our life’s purpose” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
9. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light” – Victor Frankl
10. “I have found that if you love what you are doing, you will never work a day in your life.” – Winston Churchill
11. “Life is a journey, not a destination” – Mark Twain
12. “Courage is the most important of all virtues because without courage you can’t practice any other virtue consistently” – Plato
13. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.” – Mark Twain
15. “To keep one’s courage when the requirements of the moment are hardest, is the first secret of success.” ~ Henry Ward Beecher
16. “Courage is like love; the more you give, the more you have.” – Jean Cocteau
17. “Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.” – Mark Twain
18. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
19. “We must all go through suffering, but if you want the rainbow, you must put up with the rain.” – Helen Keller
20. “Life is 1% what happens to you and 99% how you react to it.” – William James
Two Bonus Quotes
“Life begins the moment you decide you are finished being a baby.” – Maya Angelou
“The only way to live your life is as if everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
The world is full of negativity. You turn on the TV to a news station and you quickly discover this. Negativity sells.
It’s a sad state of affairs. We’re inundated with negativity and it brings us down.
I was thankful to recently be a guest at a BNI networking meeting. One of the BNI members, Jim Weidner, shared a list of 10 powerful phrases for positive thinkers by Rich DeVos.
Photo by Dave Ruck
The list got me thinking. I began to brainstorm a list of powerful phrases for positive leaders. I think I’ve got the list narrowed down and wanted to share it with you.
This is a resource you could print and hang on your wall to remind you to regularly use these powerful phrases in your leadership. Read more...
To accomplish anything significant, you have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone. You have to be willing to do something you’ve never done before. You have to be willing to take a risk.
Taking a risk is scary. It puts you in a position of failure. If you view failure as a negative thing, that makes taking a risk even scarier.
Yet, no great leader has done anything significant without first taking a risk.
Today, I want to encourage you by sharing 15 quotes on taking risks. They will help you readjust your vision and move toward taking more risks.
15 Quotes On Taking Risks
1. Pablo Picasso
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.
Want to learn how to do something new? Take a risk. Fail at it. Get better. Read more...
Reading is one of the easiest, quickest ways to increase your knowledge. You can get the wisdom and experience of an author distilled down into a 150-300 page book.
The author pours his heart and soul into the book. He reflects back on his past experiences. And he then shares those insights to the world.
Photo by Jaredd Craig
Too often, we forget how much hard work goes into the book writing process. We neglect to think about how much the author slaved over writing something people would want to read.
Today, I want to share 18 quotes from various books and authors that have helped shape the way I view the world.
18 Quotes From Amazing Books
You start with your people by showing up for them. Read more...
To be honest, I wasn’t surprised to hear of the passing of Ravi Zacharias. Ravi had been diagnosed with cancer and his prognosis wasn’t good. Yesterday, May 15th, 2020, Ravi Zacharias passed away.
It’s a blow to those in the Christian faith. Ravi was an Indian-born, Canadian-American Christian apologist. He helped many Christians understand their faith better.
I had the opportunity to see him last year at the Catalyst Conference in Atlanta. You can read my notes from Ravi Zacharias here.
Yet, his works will live on for generations. They will continue to touch Christians and non-Christians around the world.
Today, I wanted to reflect on the life of Ravi Zacharias and share some of his insights with you. They will help you become a better leader. More important, they will help you become a better person. Read more...