Faith plays a major role in my life. According to my reader survey, faith also plays a major role in your life as well.
That’s cool! It’s exciting to see other leaders living out their faith as well.
Being leaders of faith, I must raise the question: Are you praying daily in your leadership roles? If not, why not? If so, are you praying for the right things?
Every leader is different so the right thing to pray for may be different for you. Yet, I think every leader will see overlap in certain things they’re praying for.
1. Their family: First and foremost, a leader needs to be praying over their own family. Pray over your wife, or husband if you’re a female leader. Pray over your children. Go as far as to pray over your pets.
Covering your family in prayer creates a hedge of protection around them. With you as their first defense.
2. Their team members: Next, leaders should be praying for their team members. You’re a leader over them and they’re your responsibility. Take it seriously and move it to the next level.
Pray for your team members’ families. Pray for God’s blessing upon their lives. Pray for wisdom and peace and joy.
3. Their peers and competition: This may seem odd but I truly believe you should be praying for your peers, those in similar positions as yours. That being said, those peers of yours may be in direct competition with you.
Competition doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pray for them. Rather, pray all the harder.
Pray for blessings upon their business. Pray for continued success. Pray for their families and friends.
4. Their vendors: Honestly, your vendors could almost be considered your partners in business. Yet we often forget about them until we need the next order or an order is messed up.
Don’t wait to think of your vendors until one of those situations arises. Instead, be in prayer for them.
Pray for business success. Pray that they’re able to help as many people as God has put them here to help. Pray your vendors will be a blessing to those they’re doing business with.
5. Their business: Lastly, leaders need to pray for their own business or organization. You’re the leader after all, you should spend time covering the business in prayer.
We’ve already covered a few areas you should be praying for: your team, your vendors, and your competitors. But praying for your company goes deeper than that.
Pray for God’s blessing upon the business. Pray you can be a witness to those you serve. Pray for guidance to lead the company in the right direction. Pray for peace in troubled business times. Pray for increase. Pray for wise advisers.
Prayer’s a powerful tool. Use it wisely and pray for the right things.
Pray for your family. Pray for your team. Pray for your competitors. Pray for your vendors. And pray for your business.