Books are a huge part of growing skills for most people. That’s why every month I bring you some of the best selection of books that you, as a leader, should consider reading.
This month is no different. August 2022 could bring you huge gains in your abilities and competencies. All you need to do is read these books and apply them to how you lead.
5 Books Leaders Should Read In August 2022
1. The Long Game: How to Be a Long-Term Thinker in a Short-Term World by Dorie Clark:
Today’s world tells us that the short-term is the most important. We all know this isn’t true. However, the tyranny of the urgent supersedes the importance of the long-term.
Clark, in her great book, helps us to remember success requires us to persevere and give our best effort. These are the key components to playing the long game and truly winning in business.
You can buy The Long Game on Amazon by clicking here.
2. The Alchemy of Us: How Humans and Matter Transformed One Another by Ainissa Ramirez:
I found The Alchemy of Us to be absolutely fascinating. Ramirez helps us remember how connected things in our world really are.
In her book, Ramirez examines 8 things- clocks, steel rails, copper communication cables, photographic film, light bulbs, hard disks, scientific labware, and silicon chips. These inventions shaped humanity in a new way.
As leaders, we have to look forward and see how things can change and shape us. This is the book to help you begin to comprehend how this happens.
Buy The Alchemy of Us on Amazon.
3. Hunting Discomfort: How to Get Breakthrough Results in Life and Business No Matter What by Sterling Hawkins:
Do you shy away from discomfort? What if I told you that in doing so you are hurting your chances of success?
Hawkins, in Hunting Discomfort, asserts this claim to be true. The most successful people aren’t the ones who bask in comfort. They are the ones who are pushing their boundaries and becoming uncomfortable.
Dig into Hunting Discomfort if you’re looking to get more out of your life. It will require you to get uncomfortable but, then again, growth doesn’t come from comfort.
Purchase your copy of Hunting Discomfort here.
4. Life is Short And So Is This Book: Brief Thoughts On Making The Most Of Your Life by Peter Atkins:
Did you know the average American has a lifespan of 30,000 days? Neither did I until I checked out Life is Short And So Is This Book.
Atkins reinforces the idea that we do not have long on this earth. Why not make the best of your life?
Choose a life that matters. This doesn’t have to be a big life but you can leave an impact regardless of that.
5. Unleash the Power of Storytelling: Win Hearts, Change Minds, Get Results by Rob Biesenbach:
Do you want to gain more influence, empower more people, and gain trust? Then check out Unleash the Power of Storytelling: Win Hearts, Change Minds, Get Results.
Biesenbach looks at the proven power of storytelling. Storytelling breaks down walls, builds trust, and influences others. Harness this power!
Reading Unleash the Power of Storytelling will help you become a better storyteller. Read it today!
Get your copy of Unleash the Power of Storytelling by clicking here.
- The Importance Of Authenticity In Leadership - March 29, 2023
- Quotes And Leadership Lessons From John Wick: Chapter 4 - March 27, 2023
- 6 Ways To Develop A Feedback Culture In The Workplace - March 24, 2023