Many people in America believe slavery has been abolished and is no longer happening. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
Watch the video below to learn 10 facts about the modern day slave.
Top 10 Facts About The “S” Word from Free the Slaves
Facts from the video:
10. Slaves are forced to work without pay, under the threat of violence, and unable to walk away.
9. There are 27 million slaves in the world today.
8. Slavery is not legal anywhere but it happens everywhere
7. The majority of slaves can be found in Africa and Asia
6. At least 14,500 slaves are trafficking into the United States each year.
5. Slaves work in fields, brothels, homes, and practically any other place you can imagine.
4. Human trafficking is the modern day slave trade.
3. The cost of the average slave? $90
2. Debt bondage, bonded labor, attached labor, and restavec are all terms used by slave owners to avoid the term slave.
1. It’s possible to end slavery within 25 years.
The facts are there. And they’re pretty stark. Modern day slavery is still a major problem around the world.
The good news is that there are leaders out there taking initiative and fighting on behalf of the voiceless. People like those at The Exodus Road.
If this is something that is heavy on your heart, join with them or another organization to combat modern day slavery.
Question: What fact about modern day slavery is the most shocking to you? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- Quotes And Leadership Lessons From John Wick: Chapter 4 - March 27, 2023
- 6 Ways To Develop A Feedback Culture In The Workplace - March 24, 2023
- Generate More Leads for Your Business with These Tips - March 23, 2023
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.