Can you believe it’s already July? Our year is already half over and Christmas is now less than 6 months away.
For me, the year has flown by. I’m working towards my goals. How about you?
With that, it’s time to check out the happenings at JMLalonde.com. Quite a bit has happened and there’s still some items being decided on. I hope you’re ready to read the June 2013 recap.
1. 10 Facts You Should Know About Modern Day Slavery – Modern day slavery seems to be a hot topic. In this post, I helped shed some light on a phenomenon that is still happening today. Did you know this?
2. 7 Mistakes Leaders Should Avoid Making – A great listing of mistakes leaders are making and why you should avoid making the mistakes listed.
3. 6 Ways Leaders Leave An Impression On Their Followers – Every action we take leaves an impression on our followers. What are you doing to leave an impression?
4. Sometimes The Grass Really Is Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence – An oldie but a goodie. This is a reminder to take care of business on your side of the fence.
5. An Invitation To Guest Post – That’s right. JMLalonde.com is open for guest posts. I invited you, my readers, to help add content to the site. You’ve responded in a big way. I’m still looking for more guest posters and I hope you’ll take the opportunity to share.
6. Learning From Local Leaders – It’s easy to overlook our local leaders. In this post, 9 of Muskegon’s brightest and upcoming leaders shared a piece of advice on how to lead better.
7. 6 Books Leaders Should Read By The End Of The Year – If you’re a leader, you should be reading. Here’s a fantastic list of 6 books you should add to your reading list.
8. How To Give Effective Praise – This piece is almost a year old. The content is still pertinent today as effective praise improves the productivity of your team.
9. 5 Reasons Simple Leadership Rocks – A post born from the comments section. Many readers shared simple leadership leads to great results. This post describes why simple leadership helps leaders lead better.
10. What To Do When Leading Sucks – My inspiration for this post was listening to another leader share his struggles about leadership. It’s true, leadership sucks at times. The good news is we can do something about it. Are you willing?
1. Dan Black
2. Sean Nisil
3. Jon Stolpe
5. Dan Erickson
8. Self Storage
10. CM Logan
It was another great month for comments. Thanks to everyone who stops by and shares their insights with the community.
This month was a bit rough. Site statistics were down almost across the board. I can’t say I’m too shocked as we’re entering into the summer season.
Visits – Decreased 13.90%
Unique Visitors – Decreased 17.72%
Pageviews – Decreased 11.62%
Pages Per Visit – Increased 3.06%
Average Visit Duration – Decreased 4.63%
Bounce Rate – Decreased 4.75%
New Visits – Decreased 5.24%
Site And Personal News
Last month I shared with you that I’ve got the cover for the eBook designed. Unfortunately, I haven’t had time to finish the editing and formatting of the eBook. It’ll be another couple of months until it’s released.
When I put out the call for guest posters, you guys really answered the call. I’ve had multiple blog readers contact me and you’ve already seen Saturday guest posts taking place. If you have an idea for a guest post, be sure to submit them for a chance to be featured on the site.
Not only was June a tough month for the blog in terms of statistics, it was one of the most difficult months I’ve had personally. My wife and I had to make the hardest decision we’ve ever made, to put our beloved dog Zane down. We’ve also had to mourn with friends and family as they’ve gone through their own losses and trials.
I’m confident July will be a much better month and we’ll see some real breakthroughs with what we’re doing. Are you with me?
Question: If you’re a blogger, what was your top post? Are you working on anything exciting? If you’re not a blogger, share a post that had a great impact. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- 6 Ways To Develop A Feedback Culture In The Workplace - March 24, 2023
- Generate More Leads for Your Business with These Tips - March 23, 2023
- We Have To Help - March 22, 2023
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.