We’re wrapping up our series from the team at Catalyst. We shared posts from Tyler Reagin and Lindsay van Zyl. Today, you’re going to hear from James Vore.
James is the content producer at Catalyst. He’s a great guy and I’m excited to share what he believes you must do in Atlanta, Georgia while at the Catalyst Conference.
We want Catalyst to be a place where you come and build family, year after year. Just like in any family, the best way to grow together is to get to know each other. Here are a few key things to do and be a part of while spending your three days in Atlanta, and if you have some extra time, make sure to venture into the heart of the city. Invite a new friend and get out there and explore!
- Venture into the local community! Catalyst happens just outside of Atlanta in Duluth, Georgia. This quaint town offers a vibrant downtown area filled with local shops and restaurants. What better way to get to know your fellow attendees than by conversing over a plate of pulled-pork from Dreamland BBQ, a delicious slice of Grandma Pie from O4W Pizza, or a basket of chips and queso from PURE Taqueria.
- Check out the Mall of Georgia. Looking for a new outfit or forgot a necessity? Drive about 10 minutes north of the arena and you will find a gold mine of retailers and restaurants waiting to be discovered. The mall is a great way to spend those dinner hours in close proximity to the event.
- Attend Catalyst Labs: These pre-Catalyst, workshop-style sessions on Oct. 5 will provide a place where attendees can get to know each other a little more by engaging in conversations centered around the most pressing issues facing the Church in this day and age. The environment is relaxed. We want you to have the conversations that matter and go deeper in your leadership through them.
- Download the Catalyst app: Our app allows you to check out what’s going on during the Catalyst Conference. But this app is more than schedule, it is also an interactive tool that allows you to message and engage with other attendees. Find a new friend via the app and get to know them by engaging in digital conversations that matter.
- Come to the blogger meet-up: This event on October 5 at 6:30 invites bloggers to come engage with fellow bloggers in the Christian leadership area. Bloggers will be able to connect and build relationships with the nation’s top bloggers. There will also be opportunities to win exclusive books and resources to help you expand your blog.
- Visit Ponce City Market: Experience Atlanta vibes at the historic Sears, Roebuck & Co. building that has been repurposed into a trendy and vibrant food and culture scene. Don’t miss the food hall where you can enjoy craft popsicles, local vendors and even high-end fare. Enjoy the shops, sample the food and spend a breezy, fall afternoon on the connecting beltline people watching. Learn more and get directions www.poncecitymarket.com.
- Stop by the Georgia Aquarium and the famed World of Coca Cola: Located in the heart of Downtown Atlanta, the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca Cola provide a unique and historical perspective on this great city. Bring the whole family and spend the day exploring the unique exhibits, sampling the world’s many flavors of Coke and visiting the western hemisphere’s largest aquarium. Learn more at www.georgiaaquarium.org/ and www.worldofcoca-cola.com/.
Follow and connect with us: Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to keep up with everything that is happening. How will you take the Catalyst experience one step further this year? Comment and let us know!
Register for Catalyst here: https://catalystconference.com/atlanta/. Don’t forget to use the promotional code JOSEPHLALONDE to receive 25% off the already discounted ticket price.
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.