Many people in America believe slavery has been abolished and is no longer happening. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
Watch the video below to learn 10 facts about the modern day slave.
Facts from the video:
10. Slaves are forced to work without pay, under the threat of violence, and unable to walk away.
9. There are 27 million slaves in the world today.
8. Slavery is not legal anywhere but it happens everywhere
7. The majority of slaves can be found in Africa and Asia
6. At least 14,500 slaves are trafficking into the United States each year.
5. Slaves work in fields, brothels, homes, and practically any other place you can imagine.
4. Human trafficking is the modern day slave trade.