Lisa Bevere is the wife of John Bevere. She is also the founder of Messenger International. Her book, Adamant, is a New York best-selling author.
Image courtesy of Catalyst
1. Knowing WHEN you are is often more important than knowing WHERE you are.
2. We have been a generation that hasn’t prophesied. We’ve been a generation that criticizes.
3. We need the old and we need the young.
4. We don’t get our value by taking our value from men. And men don’t get their value by taking their value from women.
5. God created men and women to be a powerhouse, not a power struggle.
6. For a long time, the church has preached truth without love.
7. The future is male and female.
8. God created woman to solve the very first problem. Read more...
Chip Heath is a best-selling author. He’s joining Catalyst today to talk about being fully alive. With how impactful his books have been, this will be a great session.
1. Perfection is a little hard.
2. Most experience fades.
3. Strong emotional events persist in memories.
4. Disney World is structurally designed to be a miserable place.
5. Your couch never creates peak moments.
6. Perfection is not required. We don’t have to do everything perfectly.
7. Great experiences hinge on peak moments.
8. There are 4 elements of peak moments.
9. Moments of insight aren’t always happy moments.
10. Can I start over so this could be my first day?
11. A new employee’s first day is a day that requires special attention.
12. When was the time you felt like you really belonged here? Read more...
Jon Acuff is a New York Times best-selling author. Today, he’s going to share about being Fully Alive at Catalyst Atlanta 2018 with some laughs and a great talk.
1. Cats will leave you for 3 days and show up like they’ve never been gone.
2. Why is it easy to start something but hard to finish it?
3. When it comes to the things you care about, you have to choose what to bomb.
4. You have a choice: Shame or strategy.
5. The internet gives us the impression every other leader is doing things perfectly.
6. What you see on the internet isn’t always true.
7. You can stop obsessing about email.
8. Inbox Zero is a stupid goal.
9. If you can’t stop, simplify.
10. Surrender 3 things you can surrender in December. Read more...
Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist and leadership expert. He is also the author of over 45 books, including Boundaries For Leaders.
1. If you have a belly button, you have issues.
2. We’re not coming to the party in Genesis 1. We’re coming to the party after Genesis 3.
3. We are created in the image of God but we’ve been through a hurricane.
4. We don’t always plan for bad stuff but bad stuff comes.
5. A lot of times we don’t focus on the right stuff.
6. God is love.
7. We know the commandment to love. We mix it up with the original sin.
8. We think we can love as God loves.
9. God loves through His attachments.
10. God is not pouring out love from an empty tank. Read more...
John Mark Comer is a pastor from Portland, Oregon. A fun fact, he is the former pastor of my friend Paul Sohn.
1. If your strategy in life is to live out Jesus vision of the sermon on the Mount, but you don’t change your routine to match that of Jesus, you don’t stand a chance.
2. If you want to experience the life of Jesus, you have to adopt the lifestyle of Jesus.
3. Jesus offer is to teach you and me to shoulder the weight of the human condition which is easy.
4. Most of Jesus teaching is about how to live, not dying.
5. The story of Jesus comes to us through the genre of biographies.
6. We forget, over and over, that Jesus’ invite was come and follow me.
7. Your own soul, in the process of becoming like Jesus, is your message. Read more...