One of my leadership tools that I can’t live without is my Samsung Galaxy S4. It’s a brute of a phone. I’ll go as far as saying it’s the best phone I’ve ever owned.
What makes the phone amazing is the Android OS and the fantastic apps that have been produced for this operating system.
There’s so many apps in the Google Play Store (Over 1 million apps) that it can be hard to tell what apps are worth it and what apps aren’t. That’s why I want to share with you the 5 Android apps I think every leader needs for their Android phone or tablet.
1. BeyondPod Podcast Manager: This is my go-to Android app for listening to podcasts. BeyondPod allows you to easily add podcasts for your listening pleasure.
One of the best benefits of this app is the ability to increase the playback speed of the podcasts you’re listening to. Currently, I’ve got my playback speed set to 1.45X. This allows me to blaze through more content and learn more on my drives to work and morning runs.
2. Trello- Organize Anything: I was introduced to Trello by my friend Dan Hefferan, co-founder of YMLaunch, as we were having breakfast at a local restaurant, Morningstar Cafe.
Trello allows you to go beyond a to-do list. You create boards for projects that you’re working on. Then you’re able to collaborate and share these boards with your coworkers.
3. Evernote: If you haven’t heard of Evernote, you might be hiding under a rock. Evernote allows you to synch your notes across multiple platforms and to easily capture your ideas.
The Evernote app for Android allows you access to this on your Android device. Definitely a must-have app for leaders to capture their thoughts.
4. 2X Client RDP/Remote Desktop: Having access to your desktop can be a lifesaver when you’re out on the road and forgot to add something to your Evernote or Dropbox files.
2X Client allows you to access remote computers through the RDP protocol. When you access your computer through this Android remote desktop app, it’s like working on your own desktop.
This app has saved me many times when I’ve had to access our company’s servers remotely. A few quick presses and I’m in, working to solve issues or get the data that I needed to complete a project.
If you ever need remote access to a computer, you have to download this free remote desktop app.
5. Dropbox: The last, but not least, Android app you must have is Dropbox. What is Dropbox? you may ask. Simply put, it’s amazing.
Dropbox allows you to store your files in the cloud, readying them for you to access from any device that has Dropbox installed. They’re even willing to give you 2GB of online storage free when you sign up.
There you have it, my 5 must have Android apps for leaders. When you use BeyondPod, Trello, Evernote, 2X Client, and Dropbox; you’ll have a killer app suite on your Android device that will take your leadership to the next level.
Question: What’s your favorite Android app? Why do you enjoy it? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- 10 Life-Changing Habits For Personal Development - June 9, 2023
- Trust is Key: What Successful Leaders Do to Build Trust with Their Teams - June 7, 2023
- 3 Ways to Practice Being More Assertive - June 6, 2023
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.