Jon Acuff is a New York Times best-selling author. Today, he’s going to share about being Fully Alive at Catalyst Atlanta 2018 with some laughs and a great talk.
1. Cats will leave you for 3 days and show up like they’ve never been gone.
2. Why is it easy to start something but hard to finish it?
3. When it comes to the things you care about, you have to choose what to bomb.
4. You have a choice: Shame or strategy.
5. The internet gives us the impression every other leader is doing things perfectly.
6. What you see on the internet isn’t always true.
7. You can stop obsessing about email.
8. Inbox Zero is a stupid goal.
9. If you can’t stop, simplify.
10. Surrender 3 things you can surrender in December. Read more...
Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist and leadership expert. He is also the author of over 45 books, including Boundaries For Leaders.
1. If you have a belly button, you have issues.
2. We’re not coming to the party in Genesis 1. We’re coming to the party after Genesis 3.
3. We are created in the image of God but we’ve been through a hurricane.
4. We don’t always plan for bad stuff but bad stuff comes.
5. A lot of times we don’t focus on the right stuff.
6. God is love.
7. We know the commandment to love. We mix it up with the original sin.
8. We think we can love as God loves.
9. God loves through His attachments.
10. God is not pouring out love from an empty tank. Read more...
John Mark Comer is a pastor from Portland, Oregon. A fun fact, he is the former pastor of my friend Paul Sohn.
1. If your strategy in life is to live out Jesus vision of the sermon on the Mount, but you don’t change your routine to match that of Jesus, you don’t stand a chance.
2. If you want to experience the life of Jesus, you have to adopt the lifestyle of Jesus.
3. Jesus offer is to teach you and me to shoulder the weight of the human condition which is easy.
4. Most of Jesus teaching is about how to live, not dying.
5. The story of Jesus comes to us through the genre of biographies.
6. We forget, over and over, that Jesus’ invite was come and follow me.
7. Your own soul, in the process of becoming like Jesus, is your message. Read more...
Craig Groeschel is presenting at the 19th annual Catalyst Leadership conference. He’s the pastor of one of the fastest growing churches in the United States and is introducing new technology into the church world.
1. I want to speak to the hearts of amazing leaders.
2. I am God’s masterpiece.
3. Can you imagine that before you were born, God had divine assignments for you?
4. There is no better time in history than right here, right now with the talents He has put into you.
5. The fastest way to kill something special is to compare it to something else.
6. You can love your ministry, you can love your church… Then you see Pastor Steven Furtick’s church.
7. Comparing makes you feel either superior or inferior. Neither one honors God.
8. I came today to talk to those who are real. Read more...
Today, I’m live blogging from the 19th annual Catalyst Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. For Andy Stanley’s session, I will be sharing impactful leadership quotes he’s sharing.
1. You will only remain fully alive as a leader if you ignore the imposter shepherds.
2. The imposter always wants something from those they lead.
3. Certainty is not my shepherd.
4. Sometimes you have to lead without all the information.
5. I don’t have to have everything figured out before I lead out.
6. There are times you’re going to have to step out when you don’t have all of the information.
7. The quest for certainty is draining.
8. If you wait until you’re sure, you may never do anything.
9. I have not been called to be certain. I have been called to love.
10. Insecurity will eventually lead you to dishonesty. Read more...