The book has closed on September and we’re now rolling into October. Can you believe it? This year has literally flew by!
What’s in store for you in this recap?
News of exciting activities happening this month, a recap of the top posts, top commenters, and how the site has done.
Hang onto your hats. We’re about to take off!
- Why Smart People Make Lousy Leaders
- What Can Twenty Seconds Of Insane Courage Do For You
- Sometimes The Grass Really Is Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence
- Book Review: How To Win Friends And Influence People
- How To Give Effective Praise
- Facing Change With Confidence
- How A Healthy Community Can Help Your Potential Explode
- Is Your Normal More Amazing Than You Think
- You Must Be Willing To Pay The Price
- Stop Being Late
This month held a mixture of older and newer posts. A couple were more than six months old, with one being close to a year.
Linking to old posts as you continue generate new content helps your readers find related and older content easily. It’s a must do if you want your readers to discover the treasure trove of your backlog.
- Jon Stolpe
- Dan Black
- Mike Holmes
- TC Avey
- Ngina Otiende
- Lincoln Parks
- Dan Erickson
- Kimanzi Constable
- Matt McWilliams
Another month of great comments. Thanks to each and every one of you that took a step into the comment section and shared your thoughts and stories with the community and myself. You are delving deeper than I could from a single blog post.
- Visits: An increase of 57.45%
- Unique Visitors: An increase of 75.89%
- Pagesviews: An increase of 49.80%
- Pages Per Visit: A decrease of 4.86%
- Average Visit Duration: A decrease of 14.76%
- Bounce Rate: A decrease of 30.72%
- New Visits: An increase of 16.58%
This month was another reminder of why we need to keep an eye on the health of our site. The site statistics have almost returned to their levels before my site was delisted from Google. It has taken me close to 4 months to recover.
While I don’t recommend checking your stats every day, I would advice checking at least once a week. This allows you to catch any abnormalities happening with your site. It’s better to catch them early than late.
I’ll be traveling to the Catalyst Conference at the end of this week. It’s a major leadership conference held in Atlanta, GA. The lineup of leaders is amazing. But I’m more excited about the people I’ll be meeting and connecting with. Guys like Justin Wise, Kent Julian, Brian Dodd, and more. If you’ll be at the conference and would like to meet, please shoot me a message and we’ll do our best to meetup.
The ideas for a new eBook are falling into place. Thanks to Jim Woods for the great idea. Be on the lookout. It’s coming soon.
Giveaways will be coming back. Thanks to the generous folks at Catalyst, I’ll have plenty to give away.
I hope you’re as excited for this as I am.
Question: If you’re a blogger, what was your hottest post? If you’re not a blogger, share a post that had a great impact. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.