Another month is down. I hope November was as great a month for you as it was for me.
Lots of things are happening in the blog world. I’m excited to share some of those with you as I review the stats for the blog and share the top commenters. Are you ready?
- Merry Christmas
- What Can Twenty Seconds Of Insane Courage Do For You?
- The Twenty Mile March
- Christmas 2012 Emerging Leaders Gift Guide
- Sometimes The Grass Really Is Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence
- Book Review: How To Win Friends And Influence People
- Why Writing In A Journal Is Important
- You Don’t Need More Of This
- Who You Were Created To Be
- The Benefits Of Being An Ignorant Leader
Once again, there’s a great mix of old content and new content. A third of the top 10 were 10 months or older.
The big shocker was the top post of the month. Merry Christmas was a simple post from last Christmas meant to wish you a great day. The search engines have picked it up and blasted it to the top of the heap. The other shocker was the image used in the post came in the 5th spot but I decided to leave it out.
This has shown me that naming your images is important. Search engines also index images and they can be a great source of traffic. Did you know that?
Thank you to everyone who commented. I really appreciate the time you take to leave your thoughts. It’s also great to see so many of you interacting with each other and building new relationships.
Do you want to be a winner like Jon and Dan? Be one of the two top commenters on the blog in December and you’ll take home a copy of a great book.
- Visits – Increased by 0.08%
- Unique Visitors – Increased by 1.25%
- Pageviews – Increased by 0.61%
- Pages Per Visit – Increased by 0.53%
- Average Visit Duration – Decreased by 13.79%
- Bounce Rate – Increased by 83.19%
- New Visits – Increased by 1.83%
Site traffic held fairly steady, seeing a slight increase in visits. Though the hope is always to see traffic increase dramatically, slow and steady is what will win the race.
The bounce rate increased by a great amount. I think this was due to people searching for Christmas and landing on the Merry Christmas post or the image associated with it.
Last month I talked about putting together an eBook. The hope was to have it done by the end of November. This didn’t happen.
I’m a bit disappointed in myself that I was unable to complete the challenge. However, I am encouraged as I took the steps and have begun writing the book. I’m a third to half of the way done with the writing. Maybe we’ll see it by the end of the year or early next year.
Question: If you’re a blogger, what was your top post? Are you working on anything exciting? If you’re not a blogger, share a post that had a great impact. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.