Holy cow! The year 2012 is now behind us and we’re open to a world of possibilities in 2013. Can you believe it?
I hope you’re prepared and ready to go into this new year. It’s going to be amazing!
2012 was a great year for JMLalonde.com. The blog saw a satisfying amount of growth. Great relationships were formed with people like Kimanzi Constable, Alana Mokma, Dan Black, and more. I’m excited to see what 2013 will bring.
- Merry Christmas (12-25-2011)
- The 20 Mile March (1-4-2012)
- Sometimes The Grass Really Is Greener On The Other Side Of The Fence (5-14-2012)
- Christmas 2012 Emerging Leaders Gift Guide (11-26-2012)
- The Trap Of Negativity (12-19-2012)
- 7 Leadership Lessons From J.R.R. Tolkiens The Hobbit (12-14-2012)
- What Can Twenty Seconds Of Insane Courage Do For You (3-16-2012)
- How To Carry Out An Uncomfortable Conversation (12-5-2012)
- Will You Help Me Help End The Child Sex Trade? (12-8-2012)
- Be A Person Of Action (12-26-2012)
Four of the top ten posts were older than 6 months old. Having content that is evergreen and continually bringing in traffic is a sound strategy. And a few of the top posts have been consistently in the top ten month after month. I’m hoping to build up more content that stands the test of time.
There were three other “pages” that were in the top ten but I excluded them because they were either pictures or the main page of the blog. The pictures that are ranking high reinforce the notion I need to properly name pictures to draw in visitors.
January will see the return of interviews with various leaders. Up first will be Brad Lomenick of the Catalyst Leadership Conference.
- Dan Black
- Jon Stolpe
- Dan Erickson
- Tom Dixon
- Larry Carter
- Kimanzi Constable
- Ngina Otiende
- Brandon Gilliand
- TC Avey
Thanks again to each and everyone of you who take the time to read and comment on the blog. I enjoy hearing from you and hearing your thoughts on the topics I write about.
For January, I’ll be giving away Principle-Centered Leadership by Stephen R. Covey to the top commenter. Seismic Shifts by Kevin G. Harney will go to the commenter with the next most comments. While they’re not NEW books, they’re great leadership books that will encourage you and push you forward as you lead.
- Visits – Increased by 7.91%
- Unique Visitors – Increased by 11.2%
- Pageviews – Increased by 4.36%
- Pages Per Visit – Decreased by 3.29%
- Average Visit Duration – Decreased by 11.69%
- Bounce Rate – Increased by 479.49%
- New Visits – Increased by 3.26%
It’s pleasing to see traffic is still steadily increasing to the blog. My goal was to see monthly increases of 10% or more. Most months this year have hit this goal and this month was no exception.
My bounce rate became extremely high this month. I think it’s due to the search engine traffic for Merry Christmas and the pictures it brought visitors to.
Question: If you’re a blogger, what was your top post? Are you working on anything exciting? If you’re not a blogger, share a post that had a great impact. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.