And we can cross April 2013 off of the calendar. It’s done and we’re onto another month. I hope you’re as excited as I am for the start of a new month!
I’m excited to share with you what’s happened at the blog and what’s going to happen. There’s lots of great things happening around the site and the web in general.
- 5 Reasons Your Leadership Is Ineffective – Readers were really interested in this blog post. It was by far the most read post of the month.
- 9 Signs You’re A Leader – Another popular post that seen a lot of sharing. Did you find any signs that proved to you that you were a leader?
- How To Give Effective Praise – An oldie that hadn’t seen much activity. This jump to the most viewed surprised me.
- How To Take Your Influence To The Next Level – For those of you wondering how to increase your influence, take a moment to read this post.
- 3 Ways To Create Relationships As A Leader – Discover the ways you can grow your relationships and network as you lead. This struck a cord with many readers.
- Leadership Insights: Interview With Matt Appling Author Of Life After Art – This saw a lot of traffic due to the giveaway. Congratulations to Jared Latigo on winning the book!
- 10 Facts You Should Know About Modern Day Slavery – This post contained information I received from Exodus Road. I’ve joined with them to help bring the issue of modern day slavery to the forefront.
- 6 Struggles Every Leader Will Face – Don’t worry, everyone faces struggles. I think that is why this post resonated so well.
- Discover Your Leadership Style Through The Chick-Fil-A Leadercast App – Chick-Fil-A released a really cool app that helps you determine your leadership style. It’s great to know how and why you lead.
- The 20 Mile March – This post has slowly fallen from the top spot to the last. Will it stay on the list next month?
I want to thank each and everyone who takes the time to comment on the blog. Your words are a great encouragement and I hope you’re growing as a leader as I share my leadership insights with you.
- Jon Stolpe
- Dan Black
- Tom Dixon
- Dan Erickson
- TJ Trent
- Drew Tewell
- Kimanzi Constable
- TC Avey
- Nathan Magnuson
A big congratulations to Jon Stolpe as he is the winner of the Catalyst Atlanta Be Present main session talks. I’ll send out a download code to him shortly that will allow him to download all of the great talks from the 2011 Catalyst Conference.
April was a crazy month on the blog. The statistics blew me away and I want to thank you all for coming to the site, subscribing to the blog, and encouraging myself and others.
- Visits increased 31.01%
- Unique Visits increased 30.16%
- Pageviews increased 36.45%
- Pages Per Visit increased 4.15%
- Average Visit Duration increased 9.37%
- Bounce Rate decreased 9.41%
- New Visits decreased 0.63%
I was amazed at the increase in visitors this month. It’s helped April 2013 become the most visited month since the site began.
I was hoping to release my eBook in April but that did not happen. I need to edit the book and have a cover created. Once that is done, you will be able to get a copy of the eBook for free. All you need to do is subscribe to the blog.
Question: If you’re a blogger, what was your top post? Are you working on anything exciting? If you’re not a blogger, share a post that had a great impact. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.