Three years ago I shared an article titled 20 Encouraging Bible Verses For Young Leaders. Today, I want to add to the list of encouraging Bible verses for young leaders.
The Bible is one of the greatest business books any leader could read. Deep insights into human psychology, history, and encouragement can be found throughout the Bible.
Let’s look at 25 encouraging Bible verses every leader should have memorized.
25 Encouraging Bible Verses For Young Leaders
1. Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. – 1 Timothy 4:12
2. So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. – Matthew 7:12
3. I can do all things through him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13 Read more...
Effective leaders come in all shapes and sizes. Effective leaders are willing to work hard and get the job done.
Effective leaders also have habits that they routinely act upon. They know there’s something to be said for acting on good habits.
Today, I want to share with you 5 habits of highly effective leaders.
Highly Effective Leaders Do…
Highly effective leaders know it takes more than mental prowess to lead well. Leading well takes forming great habits that will positively impact you for a lifetime. Well, not only you but those you lead effectively as well.
So, what are these habits of highly effective leaders? I believe highly effective leaders have the following habits:
1. Highly effective leaders make it a habit to learn: Effective leaders know they must constantly take in and process new information. Most effective leaders do this through reading. Yet there are other ways to continue your education. Read more...
Leading is never an easy proposition. Add being young to leadership and you can easily feel overwhelmed.
Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed, I know I can turn to the word of God for a bit of encouragement. The good book is full of encouragement for young leaders (and people in general).
If you’re not a believer, I strongly believe you can still find the words of the Bible encouraging.
Let’s take a look at the 20 verses I believe can encourage young leaders.
The following scripture verses will help encourage you. They’ll also challenge you to lead well. I hope you find them as encouraging and uplifting as I do.
1. Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. – 1 Timothy 4:12 Read more...
Words freely flow from our mouths. We say things we think matter and, more often than not, we say words that don’t matter.
It’s messed up I tell you! Why are we saying things that don’t matter instead of things that truly matter?
Let’s get into the habit of saying these 20 things leaders should say more often.
1. You’ve done a fantastic job.
2. Thank you for your hard work.
3. I appreciate what you’ve done for me.
4. Here’s 2 tickets to the Detroit Tigers game. (Not only will this make someone’s day, it’ll get two more Tigers fans to the stadium)
5. What can I do to make your job better?
6. I’ve messed up.
7. I don’t know. Let’s find out together.
8. How can we help each other? Read more...
People screw up all the time. They’ll make a wrong choice. Do the wrong thing. Even slack off at work.
These poor decisions can infuriate leaders. To the point of wanting to give someone their pink slip.
But have you taken a step back to consider giving someone a second chance?
Father Gregory Brooks has. He’s the founder of Homeboy Industries.
Homeboy Industries has a mission to help felons recover and move onto meaningful employment. They also do gang-intervention programs that help people who have made bad choices move onto better lives.
Through Homeboy Industries, Father Brooks works with those who many others wouldn’t think about giving a second chance. They’ve done their crime, the felons should be on their own.
Instead, Brooks takes them in and gives them a second, and in some cases, more chances. Read more...