Words freely flow from our mouths. We say things we think matter and, more often than not, we say words that don’t matter.
It’s messed up I tell you! Why are we saying things that don’t matter instead of things that truly matter?
Let’s get into the habit of saying these 20 things leaders should say more often.
1. You’ve done a fantastic job.
2. Thank you for your hard work.
3. I appreciate what you’ve done for me.
4. Here’s 2 tickets to the Detroit Tigers game. (Not only will this make someone’s day, it’ll get two more Tigers fans to the stadium)
5. What can I do to make your job better?
6. I’ve messed up.
7. I don’t know. Let’s find out together.
8. How can we help each other?