Let’s be honest. We can get discouraged as a leader.
The roles we play in our organizations can sap the energy from us. Eventually, we’re burnt out and no longer wanting to lead.
Been there? Done that? I’m sure you have.
That’s why I want to share 15 inspiring leadership quotes with you today.
These quotes from leaders are meant to boost your mood, put a smile on your face, and get you back in the game.
15 Inspiring Leadership Quotes
1. “When you lack resources, you are most resourceful.” – Liz Wiseman
2. “The very best leader I can be is the one God created me to be.” – Heather Lawson
3. “It’s impossible to get stuck somewhere old if you keep learning the new.” – Jon Acuff
4. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
5. “A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.” – Max Lucado
6. “Your attitude determines your aptitude!” – Emmitt Smith
7. “You do not lead by hitting people over the head — that’s assault, not leadership.” – Dwight Eisenhower
8. “Choose your companions before you choose your road.” – Mark Burnett
9. “As a leader, you will get a combination of two things: what you create and what you allow.” – Dr. Henry Cloud
10. “Insecure leaders need that title and position, but a secure leader will pick up the towel and serve.” – Chris Brown
11. “Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts.” – Bishop T.D. Jakes
12. “When fear and doubt come into play, lead with possibility.” – Laura Guido-Clark
13. “If you don’t get the culture right, nothing else matters.” – Chester Elton
14. “It is a shame that so many leaders spend their time pondering their rights as leaders instead of their awesome responsibilities as leaders.” – James C. Hunter
15. “Leak Jesus in everything you do.” – Bob Goff
If you were uninspired before reading this post, I hope you walk away inspired and fired up to lead well.
These quotes get me pumped up and excited about leadership.
They bring me back to why I lead. They remind me that leadership isn’t about me. They remind me that people are important.